Hello and welcome to Yellow Wood! I’m Debby Poort and I’ve been helping expats in The Netherlands since 2007.
I was born and raised in America and relocated to the Netherlands in 2000. After adjusting to life in Holland, I decided to pursue a career in psychotherapy and counseling. I studied at the Dutch Academy for Psychotherapy (Nederlandse Academie voor Psychotherapie) where I earned a four year degree in integrative psychotherapy.
I established Yellow Wood in order to serve and give back to the expat community what was given to me: empathy, support, and understanding.
I aim to offer more than just my training and experience as a therapist, I utilize my own expat background to meet you where you are on your unique journey in Holland.
As part of my professional development, I continue to train in various therapeutic modalities:
• Stress & Burn-out, Con Amore, November 2019
• EFT, escalerende (echt)paren en geweld, Stichting EFT- Nederland, November 2019
• EFT and Persoonlijkheidsstoornissen, Stichting EFT- Nederland, January 2019
• Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Depression and Anxiety Disorders, I’m Learning ACT, Dr. Russ Harris, April 2018
• Psychosociale Basiskennis (PSBK), Con Amore, June 2016
• Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Level 1 Clinical training, June 2016
• EFT, Full day master class with Dr. Sue Johnson, April 2015
• Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Full day master class with Jon Kabat-Zinn, April 2015
• Full day master class with Dr. Daniel Siegel, April 2015
• The Hold Me Tight® Facilitator training program, Stichting EFT- Nederland, September 2013
• Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT), Four day externship with Dr. Sue Johnson, April 2013
• Teach .b certification course, Mindfulness in Schools Project, March 2013
• Five day silent insight meditation retreat for MBCT teachers with Christina Feldman and John Peacock, March 2012
• Mindful Schools Curriculum Training, Mindful Schools, July 2011
• MBCT Teacher training, See True Mindfulness Opleiding, April – Nov. 2010
• Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Eight week course, See True Mindfulness Training, January – March 2010