Last updated: 21 September 2020
Due to the corona virus pandemic becoming worse in the Netherlands, I am currently only offering online sessions for new clients. As soon as in-person sessions become available again, I will update this page. Thank you for your understanding.
2020 Guidelines for Preventing COVID-19 Infection for In-person Sessions
This document concerns the COVID-19 infection prevention guidelines for resuming face-to-face contact with clients in the office.
Each client is asked to decide whether or not they want to come to the office for face-to-face sessions during the global COVID-19 pandemic and to weigh the potential risks posed by seeing me in person. For the duration of the pandemic, online sessions will continue to be offered as an alternative. If a client decides to come in for face-to-face sessions, they do so at their own risk and minimizing their risk of infection is their own responsibility. Despite following the recommended guidelines listed below, it is still possible that clients become infected.
- If the client/family member has the virus or is experiencing any symptoms of the virus, the client must either cancel the appointment or request an online session. There will be no charge for cancelling the appointment, even within 48 hours.
- If the client arrives to the session showing any symptoms of the virus, there is a chance that the session will be cancelled at the last minute and the client will be sent home. When in doubt, please cancel or switch to an online session.
- I will also cancel the session if I am experiencing any symptoms.
- There will be no handshaking and we will maintain 1.5 meters distance from each other at all times.
- The windows will remain (partially) open for the duration of the appointment. Please wear weather appropriate clothing.
- Please use the handgel provided, which is located at the entrance of the building. As an alternative, the client may wash their hands in the kitchen on the third floor.
- I will wash my hands before and after each appointment.
- I will sanitize common contact points in between sessions. Please touch as little as possible inside the office.
- I will not be offering any drinks. Please bring your own drink with you, if needed.
- As always, disposable tissues will be provided. Please use a tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of it in the pedal bin located near your chair.
- The toilet will remain closed, except for emergency use. Please use the toilet at home before coming to the appointment.
- If the client uses the toilet, they do so at their own risk and understand that there is no guarantee that the toilet will be properly sanitized at the time of use.
- Face masks are not required at this time, however if the client would like to wear one and would like me to wear one too, this is possible. Please just let me know before the appointment, so I can be prepared.
- The client is asked to arrive as close to the start of the appointment as possible and in lieu of waiting in the waiting room, please come directly to my office instead.
Please make sure that you answer the following questions before each appointment and adhere to the advice that follows:
- Have you within the past 14 days been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have any family members living with you been diagnosed with COVID-19, in the last 14 days?
- Are you currently required to be in home quarantine?
- Do you or a family member living with you currently have any of the following symptoms?
- Coughing or sneezing;
- Fever, 38°C or higher (currently or within the last 48 hours);
- Shortness of breath;
- Stuffy or runny nose;
- Sore throat
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the questions above, please cancel your appointment or switch to an online session. You will not be charged for cancelling, even if it is within 48 hours of the appointment.
Please answer the following further questions before your appointment:
- Have you had a flu shot?
- Have you within the past 14 days travelled outside the Netherlands?
- Has a family member living with you travelled outside the Netherlands, within the past 14 days?
- Do you currently have any of the following symptoms?
- Unexplained headache;
- Unexplained exhaustion;
- Unexplained diarrhea or stomach complaints
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the questions above, please contact me as soon as possible via telephone or email before your appointment. We will discuss whether cancelling (free of charge) or switching to an online appointment is necessary. If I’m unreachable by phone, please leave a voicemail and I will get back to you.
This document is subject to change depending on the current advice from the RIVM.