Highly Sensitive People
Do any of the below statements describe you?
• People have criticized or teased me for being too sensitive or too emotional.
• People sometimes tell me that I am too intense and should “lighten up.”
• I need down time after engaging in daily activities while others around me do not.
• I tend to take on the mood or emotions of others.
• I have a great amount of empathy for other people.
• I feel things deeply and am easily moved by emotional experiences, the arts or music.
• I have a rich imagination and/or vivid dreams.
• I am sensitive to criticism and often take things personally.
• I am conscientious and detail oriented.
• I am bothered by loud noises, bright lights, strong tastes/smells, and itchy fabric.
If the above seems familiar, you might be a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP). For a more detailed questionnaire about high sensitivity, check out the self-test here.